Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Retainer

I hate my retainer with a burning passion. It feels so unnatural, so gross and disgusting. All I want to do is get rid of it. But if I don't wear it I have to get braces back on. Braces are even worse than retainers. So I'm just going to suffer through the pain of my retainer.
If you've ever worn a retainer you would know that it's almost impossible to leave it in your mouth without playing with it. You can't just leave it be. Even though I know how ridiculous and repulsive it is to be showing off my fabulous mouthpiece, I still do it. Because I can't stop.
Is my obsession a compulsive actual thing wrong with me? I don't think so. At least I hope not. It could be another attack of the ADHD. That would be a valid reasoning. It's disgusting though. I really have to stop.
My parents are constantly yelling at me to "leave your retainer in your mouth!" and to "go get your retainer and put it in!" and I really don't have the guts to admit that I broke it in three places. I'm positive that my retainer isn't even working right because its so broken. And I'm sure I'm going to have to get a new one. I just keep putting off the day when my parents ground me for a year because I broke a three hundred dollar piece of plastic. My jaw is becoming crooked and I avoid closing my mouth all the way because my jaw is so off. I really need to get it fixed...
Maybe I'll grow a pair and tell my mom that we need to visit the orthodontist, but I'm probably just going to end up waiting until my six month appointment in three months....

Until next time,

~Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment