Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Problem With Shorts

     Middle schoolers are the hardest fashion critics you will ever meet. Ever. And the hardest struggle for a middle school girls is pleasing these critics. Either your jeans aren't tight enough, or they're too tight. Your new purse is either too flashy, or too dull. Your nails are either tacky or boring. Your hair is too straight or too curly. You can never please them.
     Most of the year I manage to struggle through skinny jeans and hoodies. I won't carry a purse; they're too much of a hassle. I wear Sperrys almost everyday. I love Sperrys. A lot. I don't wear makeup so I can feel free to rub my eyes whenever necessary. My hair is usually in a ponytail. I don't like to draw much attention to myself. That way I can't be judged.
     But when summer rolls around, my entire wardrobe gets turned upside-down in an effort to find acceptable shorts. They can't be too long, or I'll look really weird. They can't be too short, or I'll look too slutty. Do you see my dilemna? 
     I went shopping yesterday to find shorts that are the right length, but had no success. I've even resorted to cutting my own jeans to the right length. But I never seem to get it right.
     Why can't stores make shorts at an appropriate length? Is it really that hard to extend your material by an inch or two? The shorts at the "cool" stores are shorter than most of my underwear! It's impossible to dress like a nice girl who really doesn't want to show off her butt! Life is so hard.
     If you know of any stores that sell shorts at a non-slutty length, please notify me! I might have to wear skirts for the rest of the year since I have absolutely no shorts. At all.

Until next time,

~Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment